“Would you trust your company’s most important decision to a coin toss? Well, that’s what most hiring managers do every day.
50% of new hires are gone within 18 months. What if you could improve those odds dramatically… enough to fill every seat with a Rockstar? Imagine the difference it would make in your company. You’d thrill your investors, ship your new products on time, and beat your numbers every quarter.
If you’re like most executives, you’ve conducted a lot of interviews. So, you trust your gut. The problem is that your gut will mislead you half the time.
It doesn’t matter how good your business concept or product or service is. If you don’t have a team of Rockstars to execute flawlessly, you’ll never reach your company’s full potential. Instead, you spend your time micromanaging and babysitting B-Players. And firing the C-Players.
To win, you’ve got to have a team of Rockstars. And increase your 50% hiring accuracy up to 90%. That takes a process you can follow consistently.
Read Recruit Rockstars, and never hire a B-Player again.
Who should read this book?
You’ve arrived. But half of your company’s new hires don’t pan out. So if you’re tired of investors & board members being on your case for missing the numbers, put a Rockstar in every seat. You’ll sleep through the night again.
FOUNDERS & ENTREPRENEURS
You’ve got a great concept. But without a Rockstar team, you’ll never execute & scale a world-class company. Jeff has started four businesses and raised $50M from outside investors, so he understands your pressures & constraints.
You’ve mastered your functional area; now master the most important skill necessary for becoming a world-class CEO. Recruiting and retaining talent is what separates those who make it to the Boardroom from those who don’t.
VENTURE CAPITAL & PRIVATE EQUITY INVESTORS
The #1 thing you can do to maximize portfolio company results is to ensure there’s a Rockstar in every seat. Jeff is a founder, investor, board member, and operating partner. So, he understands how to connect talent to the key levers of value creation.
In Recruit Rockstars, you’ll learn:
- Why 46% of new hires are no longer with their company after just 18 months
- How to ensure that everyone on your team is on – and stay on- the same page when interviewing candidates
- Why DNA is a better way to assess candidates than culture fit, and exactly how to do it
- How recruiting is more like sales & marketing, then human resources
- Why 99% of job descriptions actually repel the best candidates, and what to do about it
- The single best place to find your next Rockstar candidate (it’s not what you think it is)
- The exact email I send to candidates that engages them almost every time
- A list of the most predictive interview questions you should ask & why brainteaser questions aren’t amongst them
- Why 4 is the perfect number of interviews with each candidate
- The most important step in the recruiting process, that 91% of employers skip altogether
- How to make sure your first-choice candidate says “Yes!” every time
And a lot, lot more.
The book is also filled with scary but true examples of the mistakes I’ve seen in my 25 years of recruiting. Avoid them, and you’ll ignite your business – regardless of your size or industry.
Press & Praise
"I read this book in one weekend, and I loved it. Everybody claims they want to hire A-Players, but Jeff and his book help you understand why B-Players are more damaging to your company than you expect. You can't build a world-changing company without world-class talent. Ignore Jeff's wisdom at your own peril."
"Jeff has been a trusted colleague and valuable sounding board as we've learned our recruiting craft. Like anyone who does it well, he's made mistakes, studied best practices, and, thankfully, now shares his wisdom."
"This is the must-read guide for any leader, in any industry, who aspires to build a team of top performers. I've hired countless people in my career, from GE to McKinsey to Northwestern, yet I started taking notes on page one. Jeff Hyman's Recruit Rockstars is the decoder ring we all need."