First Time Coders
Computer programming may well be tomorrow’s “new literacy.” Coding offers children a creative avenue to express themselves through technology and opens the door to unlimited opportunities in the digital era.
First Time Coders, written by an MIT Master Trainer for coding education and award-winning founder of a STEM and coding education institute, is the essential handbook for parents whose kids are starting their coding journey, or are already coding and eager to learn more. You will find:
- Advice and solutions to common challenges about youth tech usage.
- Essential principles when learning to code.
- Introduction of 15+ age-appropriate coding languages and tools for children aged 4 to 18.
- 20+ step-by-step hands-on coding projects followed by challenges.
- Computer science concepts for each project.
- Tips for adults to discuss these concepts in-depth.
Start your child’s coding adventure with First Time Coders!